In addition to renting gear, we also provide top-notch videographers and production crew. From TelePrompter operators, to stylists, to locations, we know the SF Bay Area production and studio landscape well and are happy to help your project happen with minimal stress.
RED Scarlet Camera Rental
The RED Scarlet X has finally arrived here at Studio B Films. We have literally been waiting for this camera for years, having changed body shapes, price points and release dates more then we care to remember, we finally have the Scarlet in its final form.
Essentially a less suped up version of its big brother, the Epic X, the Scarlet can give you glorious 4K digital video for a truly indie budget. It doesn’t have all the extra features of the Epic but what it does, 4K video at normal speed frame rates, it does extremely well.
Here is what RED has to say about its wonderful new camera.
"With the innate ability to capture 5K REDCODE RAW stills and 4K motion, resolution sustains itself as a dominant gene in the RED family. Scarlet-X functions as a flexible device, utilizing HDRx and interchangeable lens mounts to provide you with options in a world that’s always changing. 5K burst modes snap up to 12 fps with 4K reaching up to 30 fps—helping you capture every perfect moment. All of the finest qualities of cinema and photography have now aligned, letting you take advantage of the best of both worlds with Scarlet-X."
- 27.7mm (h) x 14.6mm (v) x 31.4 mm (d)
- Al Canon EF (PL mount optional)
- 13.5 stops, up to 18 stops with HDRx™ 6 fps with 5K FF and HDRx On 12 fps with 4K HD and HDRx™
Max Image Area:
Depth of Field:
- Equivalent to S35mm (Motion) / APS-H (Still) lenses
- 5K FF RECODE RAW (Full Frame)
- 4K HD RECODE RAW
- 3K HD RECODE RAW
- 1K RECODE RAW
- 1080p RECODE RAW
- HD-SDI and HDMI with Frame Guides and Look Around or Clean Feed 1080p 4:2:2, 720p
- SMPTE Timecode, HANC Metadata, 24-bit 48Khz Audio
Compression: 12 and 16-bit RAW :
- Compression choices of 18:1 to 3:1
Project Frame Rates:
- 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 47.96, 48, 50, 59.97
- 2 channel, uncompressed, 24 bit, 48KHz.
- Optional 4 channel, and AES / EBU digital audio.
- REDMAG (SSD) Module : (64, 128, 256GB Media)
- REDLINK Wireless
- GPI Trigger