In addition to renting gear, we also provide top-notch videographers and production crew. From TelePrompter operators, to stylists, to locations, we know the SF Bay Area production and studio landscape well and are happy to help your project happen with minimal stress.
Sennheiser MKH-416 - Short Shotgun Interference Tube Mic
The MKH 416 transformerless, RF condenser is designed as a combination of pressure gradient and interference tube microphones. Very good feedback rejection, low proximity effect, 130 dB/SPL. Rugged and resistant to changing climate conditions. Ideal for boom, fishpole, and camera mounting.
Its excellent directivity and compact design, high consonant articulation and feedback rejection make the MKH 416 a superb all-around microphone for film, radio and television, especially for outside broadcast applications.
- Interference Tube Principle
- Pressure gradient receiver with short interference tube
- Employs RF-technology to control residual microphone noise. Optimizing the transducer's acoustic impedance results in a further improvement in low noise performance.
- The RF-design yields exceptionally low noise levels and is virtually immune to humidity and moisture.
- The comparatively low RF-voltage across the elements of the transducer also eliminates arcing and DC-bias creeping currents.
- Hypercardioid at low and medium frequency, above 2kHz approaches lobar pattern
- Very low inherent self-noise
- High sensitivity
- Transformerless and fully floating balanced output
- Rugged, suitable for adverse climatic conditions
- Matt black all-metal body
- Increased directivity
- Optimum S/N ratio
- Lower gain on input channels required
- Lowest noise and greatest signal stability
- Highly immune to humidity in all conditions. Extremely stable.
- Visually "low key"
Great audio is key to great video!